How to Dress Casual But Not Boring
I’ve been staring at this look trying to brainstorm places to wear it…concert in the park? Festival? Drinks after work?
How to Dress Casual But Not Boring:
- Take a fancy piece (skirt, top or dress)
- Select a casual piece (ripped denim, joggers, crop top, etc.)
- The more dramatic difference the better (think ruffles vs leather)
- Pick an off kilter shoe style (you know the saying, you get away with anything if you have good shoes and hair)
- Stick with 1-2 neutral colors to tie it all together
- Pick a theme. Here I chose western. Notice how the hat, necklace and shoes all fit within that realm?
- Have fun, don’t be afraid to try pairing two pieces together you normally wouldn’t. Those are where the magically closet interactions happen!
- If you’re not feeling confident about what you’ve selected, snap a pic, send to a friend for their opinion!
What do you guys think of the look? Where would you wear it?
skirt: old // top: thrift // mules: asos // hat: j.crew // backpack: forever21
Shop my favorite mules:
– – – – – – – – –
Photography by: Julia Maya