Turn a Dress into a Skirt
This “skirt” is actually a dress. The slit goes quite high in comparison to the long sweater, which creates visual interest. I get bored of wearing coats all winter long and wanted to try a new way to stay warm with less bulk.
Here are my tips:
1. Choose a longer skirt, this will give you more length to work with when it comes to your top layering piece.
2. Select a layering item. Here I chose a chunky high low sweater with a slit down the side. You could also try a deep V-neck sweater. A crop top could work too or even a corset.
3. Make sure your dress has some interest to it. This could mean a texture, pattern or interesting cut/slit.
4. Create an elongated look by going for a high low style top. This will help avoid that weird muffin top look those banded sweaters can create.s,s,
5. Try monochrome version. I would love to recreate this outfit using all grey. This really helps the outfit feel like one piece. I know people get scared off when it comes to getting too “matchy-matchy” but you could even try a variety of shades. For instance, a dark grey mixed with a heathered grey.
I hope these tips helped! Plus, it’s just sort of fun when people compliment your “skirt” to be able to tell them it’s actually a dress!
Photography by: Julia Maya